Reidbrace™ tension brace system provides an economic off-the-shelf solution for bracing structures, tie-back applications and temporary bracing.
Reidbrace has many innovative applications as the banana end and the brace end can be used in separate installations without the other.
Reidbrace is designed to the loading limits which are given in our 07/08 Design Guide. Read our Product Advisory for more information on Reidbrace and its performance in the Canterbury Earthquakes.
Features & Benefits
- Eliminates expensive threaded rods as it uses the 500E grade Reidbar threaded reinforcing bar for tendons.
- Eliminates welding and threading — Reidbar™ is available in either black or galvanised bar in standard 6 metre lengths, and can be joined using standard couplers and locking nuts. Longer Reidbar™ lengths are available by order.
- Over-length bar can be cut without dismantling the bracing assembly.
- Substantial cost savings in labour and materials.
- All components sold as kits or separately.
- Engineered design — tested and certified to exceed the yield capacity of the 500E grade Reidbar™ (with the exception of RBRACE32, refer to Table1 on the Product Data Sheet.)
- Designed to fit over structural steel flanges or cleats to provide double shear connection. The bracket thickness will influence the strength of system. Contact Reid for design advice.
- Supplied with pin and safety clip for connection to structure – no need to source separate HS bolt.
- Reidbrace is galvanised for added corrosion protection.
- Tension wall and roof bracing
- Retro-fitted bracing
- Retaining wall tie backs
- Cross ties
- Temporary bracing
- Beam strengthening
Installation of Reidbrace on site
Recent changes to Reidbrace make it easier for quality checking of the installation.
Safety Clip – We have eliminated the need to bend the clip that holds the pin, an operation easily forgotten, and replaced it with one more easily secured.
Tension Nut and Spring – After a testing programme, a tab washer and spring system has been introduced to ensure more positive shake proof restraint on the connecting and lock nuts. The engineer will be able to visably see that the correct torque has been applied during the install.
Washer Installation - we have seen on-site installations of Reidbrace where the banana has not been centralised on the bracket. In order that the load is spread evenly over the forks, installation of washers either side of the bracket is imperative so total movement does not exceed 6mm.